VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the worlds most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the worlds top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company matching contribution medical, dental and life insurance short- and long-term disability EAP employee assistance program flexible spending account FSA holiday/vacation time work/life balance programs and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Responsible for directing the daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervision and proper utilization of space and equipment. The Pharmacist manages all quality assurance related to materials covered by the Puerto Rico Health Department Law, such as internal auditing, reviews, practices and procedures.
Please visit our jobs page.
(use the button)
- Plans and schedules all distribution and storage services
- Directs and oversees job assignments and plans daily labor schedules.
- Maintains an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and terminations.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding warehouse operations.
- Monitors the cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and oversee adjustments and/or repairs as necessary.
- Manages programs to keep tools and equipment in designated areas schedules cleaning of equipment stores product in neat straight rows inside painted perimeters maintains strict rodent and pest control ensures compliance with appropriate government regulations.
- Audits operations to ensure service standards are being met.
- Ensures current and accurate inventory control for each account.
- Ensures that customer orders are picked and shipped in a timely fashion
- Assists in ensuring the security of the facility, its environs, employees and contents.
- Prepares routine and special reports to staff, and regulatory agencies as required
- Assure merchandise document compliance and filing.
- Coordinates or develops and approves standard operating procedures for the area of responsibility.
- Develops and presents training program as needed for the distribution and service personnel.
- Establishes, coordinates, and monitors receiving, storage and distribution of VWR pharmaceutical related materials. Authorized VWR signature to sign pharmaceutical inventory official documents.
- In charge of the internal and external audits related to Puerto Rico Pharmacy Law.
- Evaluate quality events, investigations, discrepancies, and possible complaints and present corrective and preventive actions reports.
- Plan, implement, and maintain procedures for packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge in GMP, FDA, GLP and ISO regulations
- CGMP knowledge
- Excellent relationship building, reporting, and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation comfortable with interaction with all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives at the same time
- Self-motivated with strong initiative skills
- B.S./Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy with Licensure
- 5+ years experience the pharmaceutical or distribution industry
- Minimum 3 years leadership responsibility
- Proficiency in computers Microsoft office, lotus or similar
- Fully bilingual English and Spanish
- Valid Drivers License required
- Required to travel 25 of the time
- Required to work off-schedule
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.VWRjobs.com.